20080226

Robyn | My Truth


For her second album, My Truth, Robyn went for a more intimate and 'grown-up' sound, which was praised by critics and fans alike, reaching the #2 spot on the Swedish album charts. My Truth is intensely autobiographical, hence the title. The tracks Universal Woman and Giving You Back handle the emotive subject of Robyn's secret abortion in her teens. The planned US release of the album ended up in a bit of a catfight - RCA had explicitly mentioned that they planned to release My Truth in the US, but after the album's release in Sweden, they felt the USA would not be receptive to Robyn's new sound. RCA and their American counterpart then discussed re-recording several of the tracks to give them more of a US radio-friendly feel. Robyn herself was not comfortable with this idea, and so the album was never released outside of Europe, this débacle also ended up with Robyn leaving RCA.
Features the singles Electric, Play, My Only Reason and Main Thing.

Tracklisting
01 Play
02 My Only Reason
03 Underneath The Heart
04 Electric
05 My Truth
06 Main Thing
07 Healthy Love
08 Monday Morning
09 Giving You Back
10 88 Days
11 Long Gone
12 Not On The Inside
13 Universal Woman

Click Here
to download
Password: sweden

No comments: